So, you guys, I am blushing all alone in my home. Two of the coolest chicks on the whole entire internet gave me a Liebster Award. I know, right? It's like getting invited to sit with the seniors at lunch when you are a freshman. My undying affection for the crumb diaries and Mommy Drinks Because You Cry is second only to my respect for their awesomeness. Now, the rules for passing the love along seem to be a little fluid, so I am going to mix and match a little.
1) Thank the Liebster Award presenter(s) on your blog. See above!
2) Link back to the blogger who presented it to you. This was a bit of a trick since I am not the most computer savvy gal you'll ever meet, but I'm pretty sure I did it!!
3) Copy and paste the award on your blog. Okay, I managed to get it on the post, but Blogger keeps telling me it is "broken" when I try to add it to the side. Work in progress...
4) Present the award to 5 or 11 blogs that deserve to be noticed. I think I'll go with 8. Just because it's in the middle and I'm funny like that.
5) Let them know they've been presented with the Liebster Award. I certainly will.
6) Answer 11 questions posed by the presenter. Mommy Drinks went to all the trouble to write these up, so I shall answer them to the best of my ability. I shall also steal them for those who wish to participate in this part of the game. :)
7) Eat some dark chocolate. It has anti-oxidants in it. It will cure what ails you. Unless you are allergic to chocolate. Then skip 7. I added this one. But you knew that.
Here is my list of award winning blogs:
Homestyle Mama (with a side of autism)
Stay At Home Crazy
Four Sea Stars
Her Royal Wineness
A Chameleon in the Spectrum
You would laugh for six hours if you knew how long it took me to put all those links in. That just goes to show how much I like these people, because I would not go to that much trouble for shitty blogs. Now for the questions:
1) What, if anything, is completely off limits as far as blog topics for you? Nothing in particular, but I wouldn't write things that would deliberately hurt someone.
2) What is your favorite sound? Little Chicken's laugh. The kid does not giggle, she chuckles. Even as a baby, people would stop and stare at that tiny girl with the deep laugh. It's awesome.
3) If you could go back and talk to your 15 year old self, what one piece of information/advice would you share? I don't think I would bother, because 15 year old me would not listen anyway. I would just give my young self a makeover to avoid some of those awful 80's pictures.
4) How did you end up doing what you do today? (If you're a SAHM, what made you choose that vs. going back to work? If you work a paying job, how did you end up in the field you are in?) I tried to go back to work when Little Chicken was 3 months old (in a daycare center infant room, so she was with me), but she was having none of that. She was so miserable, I just decided it was best to stay home with her. I'm pretty sure her sensory sensitivities were the reason for her unhappiness, but we didn't know that then. I just knew she needed Mama all to herself!
5) What is your guilty pleasure? Craft beer.
6) What's your favorite candy? Dark chocolate sea salt caramels.
7) What prompted you to start your blog? Partly a wish to express myself, and partly a wish to connect with people. I don't have many friends who live nearby, and I get a little bogged down in Mommyland sometimes. I needed something for myself.
8) Do you have a favorite food? If so, what? Bacon.
9) If you had to pick 1 thing to change about yourself, what would it be? I could probably use a temper reduction. Or an attitude adjustment. Maybe a mouth filter...
10) What physical attribute to you like most about yourself? My eyes.
11) Do you still live where you grew up? If not, how far away are you from your hometown? No, I am about 300 miles away. There is a good chance we may be moving a lot closer next year when Husband's job situation changes.
Okay, I think that does it. I am turning into some kind of tech master here with all this linking and copying and pasting. Next thing you know I'll figure out Pinterest or Instagram or Twitter. Look out world!! Oh, and seriously, the ones who awarded me and the ones I awarded are all WAY better than my little silliness, so give them your attention (and a beer or a piece of chocolate). ♥